Another Putrid Day.

As you can see from the title, it is another Putrid day. Will we ever have another sunny day this Fall? And to make matters worse, I was just about to leave for lunch, and it started to rain. I can hear it hitting my window, as well as see it.



Somebody ordered Krispy Kreme doughnuts, which were made at 3 a.m. and then driven several hours to get here. I ate one. Who am I to refuse a freshly made Krispy Kreme doughnut that somebody took the trouble to drive here?



I am in another fine, buoyant mood today, again for reasons I cannot fathom. I do suspect that in light of the recent tragedy, my mood could be related to the simple gratitude I have for being alive, that my children are alive and well. That Dereck is alive and well.



There is thunder! That is just wrong. There should not be thunder in autumn. I don't know why. Too cold.



And I told Dereck that I would go home at lunch and walk the dog. Well, missy, you will just have to wait.



I have challah in the bread machine for Shabbat, but sometime during the noon hour, I will have to go home and shape it into a braid. And I have to get my fat self up on that elliptical trainer. Enough is enough.



There is talk here that we might be released at 3:00 due to the recent tragedies.



I am not surprised.



Last night we went to see a friend's documentary about protests during the Republican National Convention. We were told that tonight bands are playing to support Rock the Vote. We had not planned to go out tonight-- Dash has grading to do, and I am reading a good book (see other posts). We might go out for an hour-- we don't have kids tonight. But I am going to play it by ear and guage my fatigue, guage the weather. If it is raining, I won't go. I am already registered to vote, and ain't nothin' gonna stand in my way on election day.



Yes, I did knock on wood. But thanks for asking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Longest Day

Teenage boys are sex maniacs

Not a Nike commercial