Sunday Afternoon

Instead of taking a nap this afternoon, I have been changing my blog template. The sunflower one was vibrating too much and I thought I was going to provoke a seizure in somebody. This one is boring, but that is okay right now.





Reading and...




While I was in Florida, I finished In a Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson, which was just outstanding. Very very good.



Then, I started reading The Cloister Walk by Kathleen Norris. The Cloister Walk was exactly what I needed, and more than I expected. I ate it. So, now I am reading Dakota: A Spiritual Geography. And it is not really what I was hoping for-- it is truly about the Dakotas, and it is good, but it is not really what I need to be reading right now, so I will order Amazing Grace.



Writing



I have written more than 26,000 words on my memoir. This is one of the main reasons I haven't blogged this week like I usually do. And this week came to the sobering conclusion that in order really to write it as it should be written, it will take me about a year. Sigh. Hence, the re-ordering of the studio. We came to a compromise about the dog: if we tie her up so her lead is shorter, she can still sit on her chair and walk around half of the studio, but won't be able to eat the computer. I won't have email out there, so I am still frustrated that my little USB thingy doesn't work. Oh well. I'll live.



Out of the Mouths...



At soccer yesterday, I was holding Tommy in my arms like a baby because he wanted me to, and it was cold. So, he said to me, as my children are prone to, "I don't know what it is like in Heaven, Mommy. I wish I knew what it was like."



"Me, too, honey. What do you think it will be like?"



"I think there will be an All You Can Eat Buffet."



He has been obsessed with these lately, for some reason.



After Sam's soccer game, I went over to talk to my friend Carol and told her about what Tommy had said.



Last night at dinner, Tommy said, "Hey, hey guys! I've been thinking about this a lot. What if I was smart enough to skip every grade and be in college right now?"



I said, "What made you think of that, honey?"



"They have an a All You Can Eat Buffet."



And I heard Sam mutter into his plate, "Just like heaven."





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Longest Day

Teenage boys are sex maniacs

Not a Nike commercial