Yeah, this about sums it up.

Stolen shamelessly from Shawn:







I suppose I fall in the category of wanting some time to grieve over the elections, and also just wanting to stick my head in the sand and make it go away.



In between raging about every new report about possible voter fraud (I am convinced that this election was stolen, but that and $.85 will get you a cup of coffee at Java Co.).



But I have to say that I do not understand my friends in blogland who claim to have no political interest (you know who you are). It has been too ingrained into me. Everything is political. Everything is political. My decision to get out of bed has political implications, along with my decision to shower, put on professional clothes, and come to work. Not political implications in the sense of who is running the country, but political in the sense that there are consequences for what I do, and I do not live in a vacuum. None of my choices are without consequence, and I choose to live a consciously chosen life. When I do things unconsciously, it makes me mad, because that means I am getting lazy and complacent.



My friend Robin emailed me this morning. She can't read the blogs of people who voted for Bush anymore. I know how she feels-- it just changes things for me. Yes, people can do what they want, and they don't have to explain it. But in turn, we are entitled to our disappointments and our reactions.



One of the things that has really surprised me this Fall is the number of people who want the freedom to behave any way they want, but they also want unconditional support for doing it.



You can't have your cake and eat it too. You just can't.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Longest Day

Teenage boys are sex maniacs

Not a Nike commercial