Mothering Christian

On the way to summer school, the first day:



Christian: "I'm so excited, I could just cry."



Me (naive): "Oh, good!"



Christian: "I'm not excited. I'm housebroken!"



Christian: "What does housebroken mean?"



Me (covering mouth): "It means you know to go outside to go to the bathroom if you are a dog. You are not housebroken, honey, you are heartbroken."



In The School:



Christian: "I'm so embarrassed."



Christian: "What does embarrassed mean?"



Me: "It means you feel funny."



Christian: "I'm so embarrassed."



At Baseball:



Christian: "We always win! I hate winning! Why do we always have to win!"



Christian (at homeplate): "Do you want me to get a homerun, Mommy?"



Me: "Sure."



Christian: "Well, I'm not going to!"



Christian (at homeplate again): "Do you want me to get a homerun, Mommy?"



Me: "I just want you to have fun, honey."



Christian: "Well, I'm not having fun!"



At Bath Time:



Christian: "Can I go pee, Mommy?"



Me: "Yes."



Christian: "Tommy says he will spank me if I go pee."



Me: "Are you going to go in the bathtub?"



Christian: "No, the potty."



Me: "Go head."



Tommy: "I'm going to spank you Christian!"



Me: "No you are not."



Christian stands in front of the potty and, yes, still manages to pee on my foot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Longest Day

Teenage boys are sex maniacs

Not a Nike commercial