I Love Yvonne Week

In honor of I Love Yvonne Week, for which I have been a little delinquent (my apologies, Yvonne!), I wanted to post my favorite pictures from her blog here.



The first one is of her beautiful new daughter, whom we readers cannot get enough of. I admit, every day I am hoping for a new picture of Gabby, and I have begun dreaming that I have a daughter. I blame Yvonne for this, of course.







The next one is one of my favorites of Yvonne, who is beautiful and doesn't know it.



And finally, on Yvonne's birthday-- this was one of the most beautiful posts-- have you ever seen two happier people?





Yvonne is one of the writers I mentioned who has a gift but truly doesn't know it. But her writing is as raw, fresh, and funny as any I have found-- I wish I could do what she does. But years of writing classes have to some extent refined what she has out of my writing. Sigh. I think (no offense to anyone anyone anyone else) that her blog, out of any others I've read, could really be turned into a book deal.



I wrote her this in an email awhile back:



Why on earth would you say that you are not a good writer? I have

spent a lot of time reading your archives. You are very good, and

best of all, you are sharp as a tack. Your wit is excellent. And you

capture all the complexities of making your reader tear up one moment,

and then you hit us between the eyes the next minutes-- but we don't

forget how you were breaking our hearts at the same time you were

making us laugh.



This is a gift. I have a creative writing degree, and taught writing

on the university level for three years. And I KNOW good writing when

I see it, and honey, you have one of the best blogs I've ever seen (if

not THE best), and I also KNOW that you have something nobody can

teach. You either have it, or you don't. And you've GOT it-- you

have had it the whole time!



It's that good.



If you haven't read her yet, go, and dig through the archives.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Longest Day

Teenage boys are sex maniacs

Not a Nike commercial