Don't Forget to Get Out and VOTE, Missouri!

I stole this from Beth's blog, but I am giving her full credit and props for it. Way to GO! I stole it simply because it expresses my views exactly. Amen.



Conservatives and the Religious Right are attempting to sanction the discrimination of gays and lesbians by creating a constitutional amendment to the Missouri State Constitution that says "marriage shall exist only between a man and a woman."



I don't understand how it is that others can blindly hate someone purely because of something that is beyond that person's control. Whether it be sexual orientation, the color of one's skin, a person's birthplace, the religion a person was born into or some sort of physical handicap, why can't we all just let each other live our lives without judgment or fear? I can't bring myself to believe that it is "human nature" for humans to constantly live in conflict with one another. Maybe I have this unrealistic utopian view on the world, but I just want all of the hatred, violence, ignorance and threats to stop.



I went and voted on my lunch hour with Dereck and then two Republican twits with gray hair came in and canceled out our votes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Longest Day

Teenage boys are sex maniacs

Not a Nike commercial