kkopitske@hotmail.com says:have you read the Tao of Pooh?

Jen says:no

kkopitske@hotmail.com says:go buy a copy today and read it

kkopitske@hotmail.com says:remove the picture frame of religion and seek the heart of pooh

Jen says:no. I don't want the heart of pooh. I want God.

kkopitske@hotmail.com says:read the fucking book

kkopitske@hotmail.com says:ok

Jen says:growl

kkopitske@hotmail.com says:gerrrrr right back at ya

Jen says:okay, I will read it.

kkopitske@hotmail.com says:I know plenty of jewish Taoists

kkopitske@hotmail.com says:I did my under graduate thesis on Martin Buber

Jen says:eastern spirituality has never seemed wholly satisfying to me.

kkopitske@hotmail.com says:Taoism and jewish mysticism are cognate

Jen says:I have read Lao Tse

kkopitske@hotmail.com says:much of Lao Tzu is coded - what seems to be poetic imagry is in fact complicated metaphor that it takes some time to decode

kkopitske@hotmail.com says:you like the sucker = community

kkopitske@hotmail.com says:but you want the center = the tootsie pop

Jen says:oh, so that is what dereck's father was quoting

kkopitske@hotmail.com says:I'm not sure

kkopitske@hotmail.com says:what did he say

Jen says: hang on

Jen says: Maybe it is the education or the age or both but you and Jen can discuss these issues openly and dispassionately, kind of like eating a Tootsie Pop and trying not to break the coating to get to the center but you know it is there and you will get it eventually.

Jen says: Karl, what do you believe?

kkopitske@hotmail.com says:we share a metaphor - it's not in any book I know of but derives from the fun commercial

Jen says:Aahhh, really? That is fun.

kkopitske@hotmail.com says:coincidence

Jen says:bizarre

kkopitske@hotmail.com says:the universe is telling you to pay attention to what we are telling you

Jen says:No kidding!

kkopitske@hotmail.com says:read the Tao of Pooh and pick up Martin Bubber -

kkopitske@hotmail.com says:as well

Jen says:oh no, please don't make me read Burber

kkopitske@hotmail.com says:fine

Jen says:I'm just kidding.

kkopitske@hotmail.com says:but read The Tao of Pooh

Jen says:What is Burber's book again?

kkopitske@hotmail.com says:today

kkopitske@hotmail.com says:it'll take you 20 minutes

Jen says:today. Okay, maybe I'll just run out now and get it.

Jen says:cool.

kkopitske@hotmail.com says:go

Jen says:well, give me a few minutes to sit and talk to you.

kkopitske@hotmail.com says:ok

Jen says:Burber.

kkopitske@hotmail.com says:buber

kkopitske@hotmail.com says:martin

Jen says:buber. name of book.

kkopitske@hotmail.com says:I and Thou

Jen says:yeah. My friend Barbara just started reading it and she said she doesn't think she is smart enough to read it.

Jen says:but I am pretty smart.

kkopitske@hotmail.com says:plenty of books on buber

kkopitske@hotmail.com says:the wanderer on the way is goodkkopitske@hotmail.com says:Buber is an existential; jewish mystic taoist

Jen says:cool

kkopitske@hotmail.com says:go

Jen says:wait! What do you believe.

kkopitske@hotmail.com says:I have to go now

kkopitske@hotmail.com says:I'll talk to you after you read what I believe in The Tao of Pooh

kkopitske@hotmail.com says:c u

Jen says:ok

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Longest Day

Teenage boys are sex maniacs

Not a Nike commercial