- I come into work this morning, and there is an entire bag of Girl Scout cookie boxes sitting on my chair. I am a pathetic suck up who overorders Girl Scout cookies to make friends.
- I find out that I am double-booked for meetings.
- I arrange to leave one meeting early.
- I am in a teleconference call when the physician is called out of the room and I hear what appears to be a woman having a fit, while I am trying to maintain professional composure over the phone, instead of giving into the urge to run out and look.
- I hoodwink Dereck into going out to the kitty shelter with me at noon.
- I make him take the bag of cookies away from me.
- We do not buy any kitties, even though that calico cat was soooo friendly and has exactly the kind of coat I love in a cat. She. Was. So. Friendly.
- Someone has donated a box of my favorite kind of Girl Scout cookies to the kitchen, which is right next to my office.
- Listen. Can you hear them? They are calling to me.
- I might be thinner if I didn't give in to my inner desires for Dr. Pepper when we sail through the dining room at Wendy's for lunch.
- A strange man came and asked for one of my co-workers today after lunch.
- I told him I didn't know where she was, nor when she was coming back, and I admit, I was not super friendly or helpful as I did so.
- A few minutes later, a security man came through the door.
- The strange man was mysteriously escorted away.
- Lesson Learned: go ahead and be chilly to strange, unknown men. Security will then come and take them away.
Wednesday, January 12, 2005
An Entire Bag.
Posted by Jen at 1:21 PM