School: Cancelled

Don't get me wrong-- I love it when school is cancelled. It means that I get to stay home too. But today? Ridiculous. This ice storm that is supposed to be coming better be a doozy, because it is 8:08 a.m. and I have already been to work and back, and the most dangerous place I saw was my driveway, as we are out of rock salt.



I hit my snooze this morning several times, after having had to get up in the middle of the night with kids, and did not hear one school closing. I do not know what possessed me to actually check the school's website, but I did and sat here with my mouth open.



I went into the bathroom where the kids were trying to wake up in a bath and said, "I'm sorry. School is cancelled."



Well, they thought I was mad (as in crazy)-- they didn't care about having been woken up! It was more vacation time!



Unfortunately, not so for me. Do I get to go back to bed? Curl up with a nice vampire book? No. I have work to do, I have deadlines to meet, so I had better get to it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Longest Day

Teenage boys are sex maniacs

Not a Nike commercial