We are going to have to move soon.

Thanks to Dawn for this.



This is absolutely ridiculous. It scares me to death. And the thing is, it's just stupid enough to pass in Virginia. And the Missouri legislature surely can't be far behind-- lord knows, we're dumber than people in Virginia.



This is what the climate is like right now in our country-- I know I am not telling you anything new, but why isn't there a bigger outcry? We should be descending on Washington in droves.



We should be afraid.



Very very afraid.





Democracy for Virginia: Legislative Sentry: HB1677 - Have Miscarriage, Go to Jail?



It sounds preposterous to talk about criminalizing women who suffer miscarriages, but one Virginia legislator is proposing just that. HB1677, "Report of Fetal Death by mother, penalty" is a bill introduced by John A. Cosgrove (R) of Chesapeake. Cosgrove's bill requires any woman who experiences "fetal death" without a doctor's assistance to report this to the local law-enforcement agency within twelve hours of the miscarriage. Failure to do so is punishable as a Class 1 Misdemeanor.



As Dereck pointed out, shit like this is introduced all the time-- And I liked what he said about it so much, I am quoting him here: "What's interesting is that a) somebody in the media picked up on it, and b) it's newsworthy because in this climate, even if it won't pass (and it won't), it will become a cause celebre among the Xn Right. If anyone wasn't aware of the level of misogyny and fear of sex in this country, they should be now. Actually, that part is not so inconceivable -- something the Democrats should have been screaming about during the entire election is that there is a covert assault on birth control brewing, and will be the next step after Roe falls. But when that happens, maybe finally some of these women who are voting Republican will get a clue. It might be too late though."



We are so poorly educated about our civil liberties, we are surrenduring them right and left, starting with the Patriot act. Every time I let them pat me down in an airport in the name of safety, I am surrenduring my civil liberties and my dignity.



My ex-husband had all kinds of reasons for restricting my freedoms in the name of my safety. It's fascist.



The road to hell is paved with good intentions, people. Beware the demons who come at you with that mask on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Longest Day

Teenage boys are sex maniacs

Not a Nike commercial